We believe the Holy Bible is the Inspired Word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith.
This church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000. (Click on the link to read the entire document.)
We band together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, personally committed to share the good news of salvation to the lost and dying world.
We hold to the ordinances of baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper.
Our Articles of Faith establish our core beliefs:
- We believe in one God, eternally existent as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is God’s inspired and infallible Word and is the supreme standard and final authority for all conduct, faith, and doctrine.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His premillennial, personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but by willful transgression became sinful and is justly under the condemnation and wrath of Almighty God.
- We believe that the only salvation from this guilt and condemnation is through faith in the righteousness and atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this salvation is the free gift of God’s love and grace.
- We believe in the personality of the Holy Spirit and that His ministry is to reveal Christ to men, to convict sin, to regenerate repentant sinners, and by His presence and power to sanctify the lives of the redeemed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted the ordinances of baptism and communion; that baptism is only to be administered upon public profession of faith in Christ, by immersion, thereby declaring our faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior; and that communion is only for believers, is to be preceded by faithful self-examination, and is in remembrance of the Lord’s death until He comes.
- We believe that a New Testament Church is a body of believers, baptized by immersion, associated for worship, service, and the spread of the Gospel of the Grace of God to all the world.
- We believe that there will be a resurrection of the just and unjust; the just, having been redeemed by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, to be with Him throughout eternity in glory; the unjust, having died impenitent and unrecognized to God, to eternal condemnation in Hell.